Deemed an effective skin care treatment CBD oil is all the rage right now because of the results.
We are currently using a pesticide free "organic" CBD isolate in combination with a certified organic hemp seed oil for a multitude of reasons. Hemp Seed oil is perfect for most skin types as it can moisturize without clogging pores. It can even help to balance out oily skin, hydrating it and regulating the skin’s oil production. Hemp seed oil is made from the organic cold-pressed and unrefined seeds of the Cannabis sativa (hemp) plant. And the CBD isolate is a pure 100% Hemp derived CBD (Cannabidiol) isolate extracted from the hemp plant through filtration, distillation, and then isolation.
What is CBD? It is one of the 104 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, Cannabis sativa. CBD is NOT psychoactive. It contains no THC, which is the chemical that produces psychoactive effects. CBD is an appealing option for those looking for health benefits, skin rejuvenation and relief from pain and other symptoms without the side effects.
Some of the benefits of topical CBD Hemp Oil:
* CBD is a powerful antioxidant, meaning it protects the skin from free radicals which cause aging, CBD helps fight the signs of aging. Because of CBD's amazing beauty benefits, some dermatologists recommend the use of CBD oil for hair and skin.
* CBD oil supports skin cell growth, increases the elasticity and brings new life to dry, tired or dehydrated skin. It helps keep skin soft and supple.
* CBD oil Treats acne due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and ability to calm skin and reduce sebum production. Since hemp seed oil is a ‘dry’ oil with its light and thin consistency, it helps tighten, tone and firm skin. Its astringent properties help minimize large pores that secrete excess sebum which causes greasy skin, blackheads and pimples.
* Nourishing and moisturizing. Hemp oil makes a great moisturizer because it has a comedogenic rating of 0, and our other acne preventing favorite Jojoba oil is a 2. Argan oil is also a 0.
* Dramatically decreases skin dryness to alleviate itching and irritation. It also relieves common skin conditions such as bug bites, infections, scrapes and wounds.
* CBD oil soothes sensitive skin, and studies indicate that it may even be able to help inhibit certain triggers of disorders like psoriasis and improve eczema-prone skin.
* Supports the skin’s natural healing process.
* Helps relieve pain.
* May ease the discomfort of headaches.
* Applying CBD topically is the most effective way for targeting specific areas of the body like muscle aches and pains.
* Has calming and therapeutic benefits.
* One of the less-known benefits for skin is that it can help prevent and reduce varicose veins. This is because it has blood thinning properties, due to its high omega fatty acid content that help prevent build up of blood on top of the valve. This build-up is what causes the veins appear like they are bulging.
By combining these two amazing ingredients, our CBD Hemp Seed Oil has a powerhouse of healing properties. By applying the CBD Hemp Seed Oil directly to the affected areas, the healing compound and other hemp-derived nutrients are almost immediately absorbed directly through your skin, allowing them to target the affected area for quicker and more focused effects.
UPDATE! Once this batch is sold out, we are switching to a new CBD Isolate supplier, one that has more transparency and testing. We will add more information about this once we make the change, but for the remaining bottles we have increased the quantity of CBD close to 200mg!!! Get twice as much benefit for the same price!
Ingredients: pure, cold pressed, unrefined, certified organic Cannabis sativa (hemp seed) oil and organic CBD isolate.
Please note that we incorrectly worded our CBD Hemp Seed Oil labels. Our current CBD Isolate supplier has certified the Isolate as organic, but it's not USDA. The word "Certified" should not be on the label in conjunction with the CBD Isolate as it's misleading. (Our new supplier gets their CBD Isolate extracted from Hemp plants grown on a certified organic Hemp farm.)
Each 2 ounce amber glass bottle contains 100mg of CBD Isolate and comes with a smooth treatment pump. We haven't added anything else to this skin treatment, so it has a natural "earthy" scent from the hemp oil.
Shelf Life: Because we have chosen to use Hemp seed oil as a carrier for the CBD Isolate, it is best kept in a cool, dark place where it's not exposed to extreme light or heat. It will last at least 3-6 months if stored correctly. Some people choose to store CBD Hemp Seed oil in the refrigerator as this will extend the life of the product, but is not necessary. As hemp seed oil starts to degrade the product will appear more murky than it did before, the product’s clarity has been replaced with some cloudiness and the loss in freshness is noticeable because of a difference in odor and flavor. As cannabinoids and other hemp-derived compounds degrade, you will notice a change in smell over time. This breakdown process won’t make your CBD oil toxic or dangerous, but it will impact its potency and its interaction with your systems.
Skin care - Include CBD Hemp Seed oil in your skin care routine. Add a 2-3 (or more) pumps as a moisturizer twice a day after cleansing your skin. It works great when used alone, but can be used prior to a cream/lotion. For extra benefit follow with a little of our organic argan oil and bathe your skin in luxury!
Please note that if you choose to use the CBD oil alongside another product, apply CBD oil first, then wait until it is fully absorbed into skin for full benefit before applying anything else.
Irritated scalp or skin - Use as needed. Apply directly and gently massage into effected area. Make sure that you are applying the CBD oil to clean, product-free skin, this ensures that your skin is effectively absorbing the oil in its entirety. You can't apply too much CBD oil, so if you're not getting the desired results increase the amount used.
Hair - Add a small amount to your palms and gently run hands down hair for a beautiful shine.
Aches and pains - Use as needed. Once the oil has been applied, massage it gently but firmly into your skin. The body won’t absorb much of the cannabinoid in small doses, so be sure to apply liberally.
Does this CBD Hemp Seed oil replace Argan oil? In short, no. In order to explain this, we need to talk about linoleic and oleic acid:
linoleic vs. oleic acid
These acids are both necessary for healthy skin, but our bodies do not produce linoleic acid (omega-6), we have to get it from our diet, or apply it topically. Oleic acid is omega-9, a fat your body produces. Both of these are important ones to consider when talking about skincare.
Studies have found that individuals with acne-prone skin generally have lower levels of linoleic in their sebum and a topical application of an oil high in this acid can help with acne. Linoleic acid also helps promote healthy cell activity and stimulates cell regeneration. Hemp seed oil is high in Omega-6 (linoleic acid) and Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which helps to rebuild the epidermal lipids and prevent moisture loss, thereby battling wrinkles and maintaining skin elasticity. Hemp seed oil is also high in anti-oxidants and has 20 protein-rich amino acids, adding to its anti-aging benefits. As it is a “dry” lighter oil, you may need to mix it with an “richer/heavier” oil if you have really dry skin. But it is a great choice for battling acne, and can be used as a cleanser and a moisturizer.
Oleic acid on the other hand adds a richness to oils, making oils high in oleic acid excellent deep moisturizers. It penetrates easily and deeply into the skin’s surface, replenishing lost moisture that naturally comes with age. It also helps the moisture from evaporating.
Argan oil is high in oleic acid and even though it’s still considered a “dry” oil, meaning it won’t leave an oily residue and will absorb quickly, it’s an oil which will keep the skin moisturized, help battle the loss of elasticity and reduce inflammation.
If you have to pick only one oil and you have normal, combination, oily or acne prone skin, choose the CBD Hemp Seed oil.
Dry aging skin? Argan Oil.
Skin with irritation, inflammation or other "issues"? CBD Hemp Seed.
The optimal choice for enhanced anti-aging benefits: Layer both the CBD Hemp Seed and Argan oils.
Caution: If you have hypertension, heart disease or any other chronic/severe health conditions, please first consult your doctor before using hemp seed oil as it has anticoagulant properties. Also, ensure that you are not allergic to hemp seed oil before using it. Use a patch test on your inner wrist/elbow to see if it’s safe for you to apply – if you notice any burning, itching or skin irritation, do not use hemp seed oil on your body.
Been using it for a few weeks on my face eveynight. Loving how my skin is feeling and glowing. Will buy again for sure.