We often get asked to give specific recommendations of our products based on individual skin care needs. Because everyone’s skin is so different, and each individual has unique issues to take into consideration (allergies, skin sensitivities, personal preferences, etc.), we can only make some general recommendations. Please refer to the detailed descriptions of the various products on our website for more information.
That said, here are some general recommendations to consider:
- Our body-only bars are the most moisturizing. If you are not looking for a multi-purpose bar (hair and body), and you ARE looking for an especially moisturizing bar, then we recommend any of our body only bars. Please select an option that appeals most to you personally. You know best what type of scents you enjoy!
- For babies or people with extra sensitive skin, we recommend our Calendula Castile bar (unscented), our Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Bean bar (unscented), our Lavender and Chamomile bar, or our unscented Virgin Coconut Bar, Lavender Silk.
- Hard bars for washing hands that last a long time by a bathroom or kitchen sink? Any of our Sink Salt Bars. Our Organic Coconut Bars are another great option with several scents to choose from.
- Exfoliating bars? Grapefruit Peppermint Luffa, Pink Himalayan Salt, Lime Spa Salt, Peppermint Patchouli Pumice, Kitchen Spice, Lavender Lemon Salt, Lavender Rosemary Salt, Salted Chocolate
- Curly, dry hair? Simply Shea, Marshmallow and Aloe, Latte Brunette, Wheat and Honey Almond, Jojoba Silk Conditioning Bar, Bamboo Shampoo, Lavender Silk.
- Straight, oily hair? Peppermint Tea Tree, Coconut Milk and Citrus, Chamomile and Orange Blossom, Wild North, Rosemary Orange, Grapefruit Mint, Key Lime, Clementine, Bamboo Shampoo
- Fine hair? Hemp & Honey, Hemp & Honey 2.0, Restore, Mango Citrus.
- Problem scalp? Rhassoul and Avocado, MAN, Peppermint Tea Tree, Simply Shea, Jojoba Silk Conditioning Bar, Green Tea & Nettles, Hemp & Honey, Hemp & Honey 2.0, Mango Citrus, Lavender Rosemary Salt, Lavender Lemon Salt.
- Great bars for men? MAN, MAN 2.0, Peppermint Tea Tree, Rhassoul and Avocado, Wild North, Wheat and Honey Almond, Peppermint Patchouli Pumice, Grapefruit Mint, Charcoal Detox, Cowboy, Bamboo.
- Shaving Bar? MAN 2.0
- Floral scents? Bella Rose, Lavender Buttermilk, Chamomile and Orange Blossom, Italian Garden, Wildflowers, Lavender Silk.
- Herbal and Mint scents? Peppermint Tea Tree, Rhassoul and Avocado, Wild North, Pink Himalayan Salt Bar, Grapefruit Mint, Charcoal Detox, Peppermint Patchouli Pumice, Spearmint, Rosemary Lavender, Rosemary Mint.
- Citrus scents? Coconut Milk and Citrus, Chamomile and Orange Blossom, Lime Spa Salt, Grapefruit Peppermint Luffa, Honey Carrot and Tangerine, Rosemary Orange, Key Lime, Lemon Verbena, Clementine, Lavender Lemon Salt, Green Tea and Nettles,
- Unscented? Simply Shea, Calendula Castile, Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Bean, Jojoba Silk, and our unscented Organic Coconut bar.
- Acne prone skin? Acne Battle Bar, Charcoal Detox, Lavender Lemon Salt, Lavender Rosemary Salt.
- Bars that are good for facial skin (dry)?: Honey Carrot and Tangerine, Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Bean, Lavender and Chamomile, Antioxidant Beauty Bar.
These bars listed for color suggestions are a great place to start, but are not your only options. Our shampoo bars will work for a wide variety of hair colors, so have fun finding your favorite!
- Dark hair? Latte Brunette
- Blonde hair? Coconut Milk and Citrus, Restore, Mango Citrus.
- Gray hair? Gray Hair bar (clever, huh?)
- Red hair? Bella Rose, Chamomile and Orange Blossom.